Why are we collecting your information and what will we use it for?
Service NSW is collecting your personal information on behalf of NSW Fair Trading in order to process your application. You are required to provide this information under home building legislation. If you do not provide all the information requested your application may be delayed or refused.
Who are we going to disclose your information to?
We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- With any organisation or individual in order to verify the documents or other evidence that you provided making your application. Documents provided as proof of identity may have their authenticity verified through the National Document Verification Service.
- Details of lost or stolen documents may be disclosed to other governments and/or police agencies in other jurisdictions to restrict its illegal use.
- To ensure the applicant’s initial and ongoing eligibility to hold an Owner-Builder Permit or Company/Partnership Contractor Licence.
Otherwise, Service NSW and NSW Fair Trading will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless authorised by law.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Your personal information will be held by Service NSW and NSW Fair Trading at:
- Service NSW – Level 20, McKell Building, 2-24 Rawson Place, Haymarket NSW 2000. Telephone: 13 77 88
- NSW Fair Trading – 60 Station St, Parramatta. Telephone: 13 32 20
You have the right to access and correct your personal information if you believe that it is incorrect.