The regional seniors travel card provides eligible seniors living in regional, rural and remote areas of NSW with a $250 prepaid card to help ease the cost of travel. You can use the card at certain retailers to pay for pre-booked NSW Trainlink Regional trains and coaches, fuel and taxis.
The travel card is valid for 14 months from the date the card is issued. The expiry date is available on the front of the card.
Applications are now open and cards will be distributed from mid-February 2020.
The regional seniors travel card program is available for a 2-year trial period (2020-2021).
For the trial, you must be:
- receiving the Age Pension (you must have received the Age Pension for at least one month); or
- a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holder (you must have held your card for at least one month); and
- living in a designated regional area of NSW outside of Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong.
Note: Your Age Pension payment or Commonwealth Seniors Health Card can be issued by Services Australia (formerly known as the Department of Human Services) or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
The trial will be expanded in the coming months to include more seniors receiving pensions from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs. You will be eligible if you are:
- aged over 66 years
- living in a designated regional area of NSW outside of Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong
- receiving one of the following pensions:
- Service Pension
- Disability Pension under the Veterans’ Entitlements Act 1986
- War Widow(er) Pension
You will need to have received one of the above pensions for at least one month before you can apply for the card.
Recipients of all other payments are ineligible.
Register your interest
Receive an email or SMS text to find out when you can apply for the trial expansion.
Apply for a regional seniors travel card
Get started with your regional seniors travel card application.
The regional seniors travel card is provided by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714. Conditions apply. For further information, please read the Product Disclosure Statement and Terms and Conditions. The information on this website does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it. This information is current as at January 2020.