The regional seniors travel card provides eligible seniors living in regional, rural and remote areas of NSW with a $250 prepaid card to help ease the cost of travel. You can use the card at certain retailers to pay for pre-booked NSW Trainlink Regional trains and coaches, fuel and taxis.
You'll need to activate your card before you can use it.
The travel card is valid for 14 months from the date the card is issued. The expiry date is available on the front of the card.
The regional seniors travel card program is available for a 3-year trial period (2020-2022). Eligible seniors can apply for a card as follows:
- Applications for 2020 (Year 1) closed on 30 November 2020.
- Applications for 2021 (Year 2) opened on 18 January 2021 and will close on 30 November 2021.
- Applications for 2022 (Year 3) will open in early 2022.
2020 card holders
If you managed your 2020 card on the card services website and would like to do the same for your 2021 card, you will need to create a new login with a new username for your 2021 card (you cannot add your 2021 card to your 2020 card login on the card services website).
For more information on using both your 2020 and 2021 card, see frequently asked questions or read the Get started with your regional seniors travel card guide.
To be eligible for the trial, you must:
- have reached the Age Pension age
- live in a designated regional area of NSW outside of Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong
- be receiving support from either Services Australia or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs as follows:
You must be:
- receiving the Age Pension; or
- a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holder.
Department of Veterans’ Affairs
You must be receiving one of the following:
- Age Pension
- Service Pension
- Disability Pension under the Veterans’ Entitlements Act 1986
- War Widow(er) Pension
Or hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.
You must also have received your pension or have held your card for at least one month.
Note: Services Australia was formerly the Department of Human Services.
Apply for a regional seniors travel card
Get started with your regional seniors travel card application.
The regional seniors travel card is provided by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714. Conditions apply. Fees and charges may apply. For further information, please read the Product Disclosure Statement and the full Terms and Conditions. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it. This information is current as at November 2020.