The regional seniors travel card is a non-reloadable, Visa card with $250 pre-loaded to pay for travel related expenses at retailers.
A 4-digit PIN will be sent in a separate letter to your card for security purposes.
You'll need your PIN to complete some transactions at retail outlets. You cannot use your PIN for over the phone or online transactions.
Your regional seniors travel card can be used Australia-wide, including in metropolitan areas and when travelling interstate.
Before you use your card
When you receive your card sign the back of it and memorise your PIN.
You'll need to activate your card before you can use it by contacting card services by phone or online.
See Managing your card for more information.
Using your card
You can use your card for:
- pre-booked NSW TrainLink Regional train and coach services
- taxi trips
- fuel at service stations, convenience stores or mixed businesses that operate with a fuel merchant category code
- fuel for someone else’s vehicle to support your transport needs
- electric charging stations
- Opal card top up payments
- privately-operated coaches
- selected community transport services.
You need to confirm that your card will be accepted by the retailer or service provider before you use it.
If the retailer or service provider accepts split payments, you can use:
- your regional seniors travel card and another card or cash, or
- both your 2023 and 2022 regional seniors travel cards provided the cards have sufficient funds and are operational.
You cannot use your card for:
- cash withdrawals from ATMs, bank branches or via point-of-sale terminals
- balance enquiries at ATMs or bank branches
- rideshare services including Uber
- local bus fares (the majority accept cash only)
- recurring transaction setups, such as Opal auto top up
- purchases that are not related to travel
- transactions outside of Australia.
Your regional seniors travel card cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged for other benefits. Your card will be declined if you try to use it for an unauthorised transaction.
Opal card payments
You can use your regional seniors travel card to top up an Opal card:
- via the Opal travel app
- at service stations operating as an Opal retailer
- via Opal top up machines available at selected stations, shops and wharves
- at selected Service NSW Centres
- at Transport Customer Service Centres.
You cannot use your regional seniors travel card for contactless payments on the Opal network.
Opal card retailers
You can use your regional seniors travel card at selected Opal retailers, including:
- service stations or mixed businesses that sell fuel under the appropriate merchant category code
- selected Service NSW Centres (Batemans Bay, Bathurst, Cessnock, Erina, Gosford, Goulburn, Gunnedah, Kiama, Lithgow, Maitland, Mittagong, Mudgee, Muswellbrook, Nowra, Orange, Parkes, Queanbeyan, Raymond Terrace, Richmond, Singleton, Tamworth, Toronto, Toukley, Tuggerah, Wallsend, Warners Bay and Young)
- Transport Customer Service Centres.
Find your nearest Opal retailer.
The usage of regional seniors travel cards is monitored to prevent fraud. This includes checking:
- if transactions are for travel-related items and/or at approved retail outlets
- the requested number of cards sent to the same address.
Upon notification, lost or stolen cards will be cancelled immediately to prevent misuse.
If your card is cancelled due to misuse, fraud or other reasons, any remaining balance will be returned to the NSW Government.
You can contact card services 24/7 by:
- visiting nswregionalseniors.cards, or
- calling 1800 569 070.
On the card services website, you can register, activate and manage your card online, including tracking your balance and reviewing transactions. You can also access frequently asked questions or you can read the Get started with your regional seniors travel card guide.