EnableNSW helps people in NSW who have specific, short term or ongoing health needs. They provide assistive technology and related services to help people live safely at home.
EnableNSW is not a reimbursement scheme – you need to apply and be approved in order to receive assistance.
The assistive technology can help with:
- respiratory function
Assistive technology programs include:
- Aids and Equipment Program (AEP)
- Prosthetic Limb Service (PLS)
- Home Respiratory Program (HRP).
Support services include:
- Isolated Patients Travel and Accommodation Assistance Scheme (IPTAAS)
- Away from Home Haemodialysis (AFHH)
- Specialised Equipment Essential for Discharge (SEED)
- Safe and Support at Home (SASH) home modifications
- Home Ventilation Programs (HVP)
- Continence assistance.
Before you discuss your needs with your doctor or health professional, check your eligibility using the EnableNSW eligibility indicator to find the right program.
The indicator is only a guide so if you'd like to talk to someone about your individual circumstances, contact 1800 ENABLE (1800 362 253) and select the appropriate option.
Last updated: 24 October 2022