If you want to give one or 2 additional people (authorised representative/s) access to your Transport for NSW E-Toll Account, you can do this online.
You're eligible to add an authorised representative to an E-Toll Account if you're the account holder.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, visit myE-Toll
What you need
- your E-Toll account number and password
- the authorised representative's name and nominated password, and
- the authorised representative's agreement to the E-Toll Terms and Conditions.
How to change
- Click the 'Add online' button.
- Enter account number and password.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Select 'Authorised representatives' from the menu on the left.
- Add the details of the authorised representative/s and submit.
- Authorised representatives can perform most functions on your account including changing payment details and customer details.
- Authorised representatives are not able to:
- change the account name
- close the account, or
- authorise an additional representative.