School students living with disability who are enrolled in school in NSW may be able to get assistance with travel through the Assisted School Travel Program (ASTP).
Students also need to:
- be enrolled in a special school or support class for students with disability or
- have high level help for mobility purposes (for example, use a wheelchair or other mobility aid) if enrolled in a mainstream class
- have parents or carers who are unable to provide travel
- be assessed as unable to travel on their own
- be enrolled in the closest appropriate school to their home
- live less than 40 kilometres from their school
- live a maximum transport time of 90 minutes one way.
Parents and carers can apply for the ASTP through their child’s school.