With the latest COVID-19 health advice to stay home, we strongly advise you to use our website or call 13 77 88, rather than visit a service centre. Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.

Stay home: use online transactions or call 13 77 88
COVID-19 assistance

Text size


School students living with disability who are enrolled in school in NSW may be able to get assistance with travel through the Assisted School Travel Program (ASTP). 

Students also need to:

  • be enrolled in a special school or support class for students with disability or
  • have high level help for mobility purposes (for example, use a wheelchair or other mobility aid) if enrolled in a mainstream class
  • have parents or carers who are unable to provide travel 
  • be assessed as unable to travel on their own
  • be enrolled in the closest appropriate school to their home
  • live less than 40 kilometres from their school
  • live a maximum transport time of 90 minutes one way.

Parents and carers can apply for the ASTP through their child’s school.

You'll be taken to another website.