If you'd like a private mooring licence for your vessel, but none are available in your preferred mooring area, you can apply to be on the priority waiting list for that area. You'll then be notified when a mooring site becomes available.
You can apply to be on the priority waiting list, online.
You must be the registered owner of the vessel to be attached to the mooring.
What you need
- the mooring location required
- your personal and contact details
- copies of the following to upload:
- your concession card details (if applicable)
- your verified full proof of identity documents.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Select the mooring area required from the map.
- Log in or create an account.
- Complete the online application form.
- Upload the required documentation.
- Read and confirm the declaration.
- private mooring licences are only issued to individuals. They’re not issued to a partnership, company, organisation or association.
- the vessel must be at least 5.2 metres in length, unless otherwise approved by Transport for NSW
- concessions (if applicable) are only available for vessels used solely for recreational purposes
- the mooring licence will only be granted 'subject to approval' and will be assessed on the proposed vessel size, type and condition.
To make sure you have all the information you need to complete this transaction, visit Priority waiting list at Transport for NSW.