Hunter LEAP (learning, education and accreditation program) provides education and training for people wanting to hunt on public land. Hunter LEAP trainers are responsible for the delivery and assessment of training courses, on behalf of their Hunter LEAP provider.
If you'd like to become accredited as a Hunter LEAP trainer, you can do so via email or post.
To be eligible for accreditation as a Hunter LEAP trainer, you must:
- have a current R-licence or certification of completion of the mandatory component of the R-licence accreditation course
- have successfully passed a Working with Children Check
- successfully pass a criminal history check (which will be conducted by the Game Licensing Unit)
- be a NSW Police approved firearms safety trainer (if you'll be delivering firearms and hunting safety training)
- understand and abide by the contents of the Hunter LEAP Trainer's Guide: Training standards and techniques.
What you need
- your personal and contact details
- your approved hunting organisation (AHO) membership number, or evidence of your employment with a Hunter LEAP provider
- your NSW R-licence number, or evidence you've completed the mandatory component of the R-licence accreditation course
- your Hunter LEAP provider accreditation number
- a current Working with Children Check
- the PDF form – 'Application to become an accredited Hunter LEAP Trainer'.
How to apply
- Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
- Print and complete the form.
- Attach your supporting documents.
- Submit your application by email (preferred) or mail, to the details on the form.
Once approved, Hunter LEAP trainers will receive access to the Hunter LEAP training packages and material including:
- R-licence qualification
- firearms safety training
- hunting technique short courses
- hunting technique workshops.