If you want to operate a boarding house you'll need to register with NSW Fair Trading. A general boarding house has five or more paying residents. An assisted boarding house has two or more residents with special needs. You can apply to operate a boarding house at a service centre, or via the mail.Find a service centre
Apply for boarding house registration
For online transactions:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, UnionPay, Diners Club or American Express).
For phone transactions:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre:
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- money order
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
- Android Pay app.
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.