If you're an apprentice or trainee, and have your transport concession entitlement card, you can apply for a concession Opal card and pay reduced fares on public transport within the Opal network.
Apprentices and trainees registered with Training Services NSW and in an active apprenticeship or traineeship.
What you need
- your Training Contract ID (TCID) number
- your transport concession entitlement card.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Select 'I want to order a concession Opal card'.
- Select 'Continue ordering an Opal card'.
- Complete the registration details.
- Enter your entitlement details.
- Decide on your top up amount and type.
- Make your payment.
- Select 'Submit'.
- Your concession Opal card isn't proof of entitlement. You must always carry your transport concession entitlement card when travelling.
- Once your eligibility is confirmed by Transport for NSW, your concession Opal card will be mailed to you within 5 to 7 working days. You'll then need to Activate your Opal card.