If you're an apprentice or trainee, and have your transport concession entitlement card, you can apply for a concession Opal card and pay reduced fares on public transport within the Opal network.
What you'll need
- your Training Contract ID (TCID) number
- your transport concession entitlement card.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Select 'I want to order a concession Opal card'.
- Select 'Continue ordering an Opal card'.
- Complete the registration details.
- Enter your entitlement details.
- Decide on your top up amount and type.
- Make your payment.
- Select 'Submit'.
Apprentices and trainees registered with Training Services NSW and in an active apprenticeship or traineeship.
Things to keep in mind...
- Your concession Opal card isn't proof of entitlement. You must always carry your transport concession entitlement card when travelling.
- Once your eligibility is confirmed by Transport for NSW, your concession Opal card will be mailed to you within 5 to 7 working days. You'll then need to Activate your Opal card.