Vehicles can be registered by individuals or organisations. Organisations first need to be assigned a customer number. An authorised representative needs to apply at a service centre and bring the required documentation.

What you need

  • the Roads and Maritime Services Customer Number Application – Organisation form
  • for incorporated companies, you'll need an Australian Securities and Investments Commission document confirming the organisation's details, including the ACN or ABN
  • for other incorporated bodies, refer to the details on the form
  • authorised representative's proof of identity (if applicable)
  • if you're a motor dealer, you'll need to show your dealer's licence.

How to apply

  1. Download, complete, print and sign Roads and Maritime Services Customer Number Application – Organisation – PDF
  2. Make sure you have all the required documentation, and then visit a service centre and submit your application.