Vehicles can be registered by individuals or organisations. Organisations first need to be assigned a customer number. An authorised representative needs to apply at a service centre and bring the required documentation.
What you'll need
- the Roads and Maritime Services Customer Number Application – Organisation form
- for incorporated companies, you'll need an Australian Securities and Investments Commission document confirming the organisation's details, including the ACN or ABN
- for other incorporated bodies, refer to the details on the form
- authorised representative's proof of identity (if applicable)
- if you're a motor dealer, you'll need to show your dealer's licence.
How to apply
- Download, complete, print and sign Roads and Maritime Services Customer Number Application – Organisation – PDF
- Make sure you have all the required documentation, and then visit a service centre and submit your application.