Text size


If you're going to participate in the Alcohol Interlock Program, you'll need to visit a service centre and be issued a NSW car, rider, or heavy vehicle licence (whichever is applicable) with an interlock condition.

You can do this once you've completed the necessary disqualification period, attended a medical consultation, and had an interlock device installed on your vehicle.

Note: Learner drivers will only be issued an interlock licence once their driving test has been passed.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • payment for any licence fees, or your concession card (if applicable)
  • the PDF forms:
    • 'Licence Application'
    • 'Interlock Driver Licence Statement and Privacy Declaration'
    • 'Interlock Installation Certificate', completed by you and your accredited interlock service provider
    • 'Medical Consultation Certificate' completed by you and your doctor (you must see your doctor in the 28 days before you apply for an interlock licence).

How to apply

  1. Download and complete the following forms:
  2. Make sure you have all your documentation, including proof of identity and proof of concession (if applicable).
  3. Visit a service centre and submit your application.

More information

  • When you apply for or renew a licence card or Photo Card at a service centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost. Cards usually arrive within 10 working days.
  • If you haven’t received your card through the mail within 10 working days, call us on 13 77 88.
  • Renewal notices are mailed generally within 6 weeks of the card's expiry date.
  • For driver licence renewals or applications a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 1 April 2022