If you are an exporting business, or if you were exporting goods or services before the impacts of COVID-19, bushfires or drought, you may be eligible for an export assistance grant of up to $10,000.
This grant helps eligible export businesses in NSW access global markets. Funds can be used for:
- marketing materials
- website internationalisation
- pivoting to online delivery (for example, converting face-to-face training content to online content for international audiences)
- e-commerce development
- market research
- international tradeshow and trade missions
- inbound business support
- costs to support compliance/localisation of products for export
- costs to protect business in international markets.
This grant will be provided as reimbursement of 50% of eligible expenses, up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible business, for expenses already paid since 1 January 2020.
You can submit either one application up to the maximum of $10,000 or multiple applications of a minimum of $2000 per application each, totalling a maximum of $10,000.
To be eligible for this grant, you must:
- be based in NSW
- be registered with an ABN and be registered for GST as at 1 August 2019
- be currently exporting, or were exporting prior to the impacts of COVID-19, bushfires or drought
- employ a minimum of 3 full-time equivalent workers at the time of application
- own the goods/services to be exported, or be able to provide documented evidence that you are the agreed export supplier
- produce the goods/services to be exported in Australia, or be able to provide documented evidence that the business provides substantial value to NSW
- be an exporting business with an annual turnover of:
- up to $100 million, or
- greater than $100 million that can demonstrate export turnover has declined by more than 30% in the 2019–2020 financial year and have an intention to re-establish your export business in your established markets and/or diversify into new markets.
Note: If you have applied for the Australian Government’s Export Market Development Grant (EMDG), you may still be eligible for the export assistance grant. Conditions apply, see the guidelines for more information.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- your proof of identity
- your valid ABN/ACN number
- your business banking details for payment
- a completed Statement of Business Eligibility prepared by the business owner or authorised representative of the eligible business, using the template provided
- tax invoices and tax receipts for the eligible activities being claimed.
Service NSW can request a combination of the following documents to support its determination of eligibility:
- financial and business details to ensure suitability for the grant
- tax invoices and receipts for the eligible activities being claimed.
You may be audited in the future, so you will need to keep all documentary evidence related to your application, and assistance provided under the scheme, for a minimum of 5 years.
As part of an audit, you may be required to provide evidence (for example, official receipts) that you have used funds in accordance with the terms and conditions of this grant.
It is a criminal offence to deliberately provide false information and penalties may apply. Please see the guidelines for more information.
Proof of identity
Two proof of identity documents are required. They may include:
- Australian driver licence
- Medicare card
- Australian passport
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian travel visa
- Australian citizenship certificate
- Australian certificate of registration by descent
- Australian ImmiCard.
How to apply
- Gather all your documentation and evidence and have it ready for uploading. You cannot save and resume your application once you have started.
- Check the eligibility criteria.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Select and verify your identity documents.
- When your identity is verified, select 'Continue with application'.
- Enter the required information and upload any supporting documents.
- Enter your bank details.
- Review your application.
- Check the Declaration boxes.
- You'll be sent a confirmation email.
- If additional information to support your claim is required, you'll be notified.
When you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email with an application reference number. If you do not receive this email within 5 minutes after completing your application, please check your junk mail folder, and then call 13 77 88.
After your application is received it will be reviewed. If your application is approved, payment will be transferred within 5–10 business days from the date of approval.
If you're not able to apply online, please call 13 77 88.