If you'd like to collect firewood for personal use from a state forest within NSW, you'll need to apply for a permit.
Permits and timber must be paid for in advance, and you need to comply with conditions on the permit.
What you need
- your vehicle registration number
- your driver licence number
- pensioner number (if applicable)
- credit card.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- the area you're interested in
- the forest
- the firewood location/compartment (Cpt No).
- Enter the required information.
- Select 'Proceed'.
- Create a new account, sign in to your existing account, or checkout without registering an account.
- Complete the online application.
- carry your permit at all times and show it to Forestry Corporation officers if requested
- you're only allowed to take fallen timber, and need to stick to collection limits
- only collect firewood from the mapped area attached to your permit
- record your collection on your permit before you leave
- if needed, you can retrieve a copy of your last valid firewood permit online.
Last updated: 8 May 2023