If your driver licence was cancelled, disqualified or refused, you will not be able to drive until the end of the enforcement period. Once the enforcement period is over, you'll need to go to a Service NSW Centre to apply for your licence to be re-issued. Further tests may be required, depending on the amount of time that has lapsed.
What you need
- your proof of identity documents as detailed on the form
- your concession card details (if applicable)
- your old licence (if you have it)
- contact lenses or glasses (if you wear them)
- your medical report (if applicable)
- the PDF form – 'Licence Application'.
How to apply
- Download and complete the Licence Application – PDF.
- Make sure you have all your documentation and any additional items (if applicable).
- Visit a service centre and submit your application.
- When you apply for or renew a licence card or Photo Card at a service centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost. Cards usually arrive within 10 working days.
- If you haven’t received your card through the mail within 10 working days, please call us on 13 77 88.
- Renewal notices are posted generally within 6 weeks of the card's expiry date.
- For driver licence renewals or applications, a receipt is provided that allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.