Occupations and businesses involved in the use of pesticides must be licensed by the Environment Protection Authority (EPA).

A pest management licence allows you to apply pesticides, other than fumigants, to control pests for a fee or reward or for a public authority. You'll need this licence if you're conducting commercial termite treatments.

Working in NSW with an interstate licence

Under the Automatic Mutual Recognition (AMR) scheme, holders of certain interstate licences can work automatically in NSW but must notify the licence regulator of their intention to work.


You must be 18 years or older and have successfully completed the following 3 modules from a registered training organisation:

  • CPPUPM3005/CPPPMT3005 Manage pests without applying pesticides
  • CPPUPM3006/CPPPMT3006 Manage pests by applying pesticides
  • CPPUPM3018/CPPPMT3018 Maintain equipment and pesticide storage area in pest management vehicles.

What you need

  • your personal and contact details
  • a copy of your training certificate
  • a copy of your identification (driver licence or passport)
  • a passport size photo
  • your method of payment.

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Apply online' button.
  2. Select 'Register to start a new application'.
  3. After registering, you'll receive an email with login details and an application code.
  4. Follow the prompts to complete your application.

More information

  • If you'd also like to apply for a fumigator licence, you'll need to complete a separate application. Your licence card, however, will be issued indicating both licences.
  • The licence is valid for 5 years.
  • Pest management technicians must comply with the notification and record keeping requirements of the NSW Pesticide Regulation 2009 and ensure that work practices minimise risk of harm to the community and the environment.
Last updated: 9 April 2021

Rate the information on the page