A private mooring licence is an annual licence that allows you to moor your vessel on navigable waters.
You can use the mooring map to search and apply for a mooring. If there are no moorings available in your preferred area, you can join a priority waiting list.
To be eligible:
- you must be the registered owner of the vessel to be attached to the mooring
- your vessel's registration must be current.
What you need
- your vessel's registration number
- copies of the following to upload:
- credit card details for payment.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Select the mooring area required from the map.
- Follow the prompts to apply for a mooring licence.
- Private mooring licences are only issued to individuals. They’re not issued to a partnership, company, organisation or association.
- The vessel must be at least 5.2 metres in length, unless otherwise approved by Transport for NSW.
- Concessions (if applicable) are only available for vessels used solely for recreational purposes.
- The mooring will only be granted ‘subject to approval’ and will be assessed on the proposed vessel size, type and condition.