To use a vessel on NSW waterways, it must be registered if it:

  • has an engine of 4kW or more
  • is 5.5m or longer (with or without an engine)
  • is a personal watercraft (PWC)
  • needs a mooring licence or marina berth.


You must be aged 16 or over to register a vessel.

What you need

How to apply

  1. Gather the required documents.
  2. Select the 'Book an appointment' button.
  3. Follow the prompts to make an appointment at a Service NSW Centre.
  4. Lodge your application in person at your selected service centre.

If you're unable to visit a service centre, post the documents to:
Agency Business Centre
PO Box 21
Parkes NSW 2870

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 21 January 2022