The NSW Government is helping kids get active with the Active Kids program.
The Active Kids program provides a $100 voucher for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sport and active recreation costs each year.
The current voucher, released on 1 January 2023, is valid until Friday 30 June 2023.
To use the voucher, find a registered activity provider and present your voucher when you sign up.
If you’re a parent, carer or guardian, the student will be eligible if they are:
- a NSW resident
- aged between 4.5 and 18 years
- enrolled in school (from Kindergarten to Year 12, including those who are home-schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW)
- a current Medicare card holder.
You can apply for a voucher for each eligible student.
You can use the voucher for registration, participation or membership costs with an approved Active Kids provider.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- one proof of identity document for the parent, carer or guardian
- your child's Medicare card details
- your child's height and weight (optional).
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to apply for the voucher.
Note: You can also apply for a voucher through the Service NSW app. If successful, you'll find the voucher under the ‘Vouchers’ section of the app.
To use the voucher:
- Choose the eligible provider where you'll use the voucher.
- At registration or payment time, provide the following information through the provider's preferred process:
- child's full name
- child's date of birth
- Active Kids voucher number.
A voucher can only be used:
- once (if the fees for your chosen activity are less than $100, the remaining balance is forfeited and can't be used)
- until Friday 30 June 2023
- for the person named on the voucher
- for registration or membership fees with an approved Active Kids provider.
A voucher cannot be:
- split between more than one provider or registration (which means if you do not use the full $100 any remaining amount will not be used)
- used for individual items (like jerseys, socks or boots)
- used for the same activity within the same term as another Active Kids voucher
- redeemed for cash.
To use the voucher, give the details to your registered activity provider.