You need an international paintball competitor permit to bring a paintball marker (paintball gun) into NSW from overseas.

The permit is valid for 1 year.


You must:

  • be aged 18 years or over
  • pass a fit and proper person assessment
  • live outside Australia.

What you need

  • the PDF form – 'Application for a paintball marker permit'
  • the PDF form – 'Paintball permit additional details form' (if applicable)
  • your contact details
  • your passport details 
  • details of the NSW competition you’ll be competing in  
  • your payment.

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
  2. Complete the form.
  3. Submit your payment online and enter the receipt number on the application form.
  4. Download and complete the Paintball permit additional details form – PDF if applicable.
  5. Email the form and supporting documents to

Payment methods

You can pay online with:

  • Paypal
  • credit or debit card.
Last updated: 15 November 2023