The NSW Spectacles Program provides free glasses and vision aids to financially disadvantaged NSW residents.
If you're eligible, you can receive free of charge in any 2-year period:
- one pair of single vision glasses, or
- one pair of bifocal glasses.
Contact lenses, tinted lenses or low vision aids may be provided in certain circumstances.
You may be eligible if you:
- are an Australian permanent resident living in NSW
- receive a full Centrelink pension or income support payment, and receive no other income other than the Centrelink payment, or
- are a low-wage earner who earns less than:
- the full JobSeeker Payment if you're aged under 65, or
- the aged pension if you're aged 65 or over.
- have financial assets less than $500 (if single) or $1,000 (if married/partnered or parent/guardian)
- are a DVA cardholder who is not eligible to receive subsidised glasses through the Department of Veteran Affairs.
How to apply
Select the 'Visit NSW Spectacles Program' for more details on the program, eligibility and how to apply.