Text size


If you wish to supply drugs of addiction at your health facility, for example at a licensed nursing home or private health facility, you'll need to apply for a licence. You must be able to show the Secretary of NSW Health that you're a fit and proper person to be a licensee and that the facility is appropriate for the supply of drugs of addiction. The approval process takes up to 13 weeks and includes the time it takes to conduct an assessment, inspection and interviews if required.


An individual or corporation is eligible if they can show the Secretary, NSW Health that:

  • they're fit and proper to be a licensee, and
  • the premises are appropriate for the supply of drugs of addiction.

What you need

How to apply

  1. Complete and sign the Application for a Licence to Supply Drugs of Addiction – PDF
  2. Gather all the required documentation.
  3. Make your payment online at the NSW Ministry of Health payment portal.
  4. Email phcmb@doh.health.nsw.gov.au with the completed application form, the required documents and a copy of the payment receipt. 

More information

Last updated: 17 November 2022
You'll be taken to another website.