If you’re 85 or older and still a competent driver, but you feel uncomfortable driving in certain situations (for example, long distances), visit a service centre and talk to the manager. The manager may suggest a modified licence based on your individual needs. A driving test is not required.Locate a service centre
Apply for a modified driver licence
For online transactions:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, UnionPay, Diners Club or American Express).
For phone transactions:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre:
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- money order
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
- Android Pay app.
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.