COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. Read about the COVID-19 assistance available for NSW residents and businesses. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. Call 13 77 88 for assistance or visit COVID-19.

Text size


If you’re 85 or older and still a competent driver, but you feel uncomfortable driving in certain situations (for example, long distances), visit a service centre and talk to the manager. The manager may suggest a modified licence based on your individual needs. A driving test is not required.

What you need

  • the Request for a Modified Licence form
  • your current driver licence
  • your proof of identity
  • your concession details (if applicable).

How to apply

  1. Download and complete the Request for a Modified Licence – PDF.
  2. Make sure you have the required documentation.
  3. Visit a service centre and submit your application.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.