If you want to transport native animals into and out of NSW, you'll need to apply for a native animal import/export licence. You can apply for this licence online.
- The interstate import and export of native animals is subject to monitoring and regulatory controls by the native animal protection agencies in all states and territories. Licences are granted under the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 in the following classes:
- Licence to export native animals out of NSW
- Licence to import native animals into NSW
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Office of Environment and Heritage.
What you need
- your personal details
- your residential and postal address
- the species code as identified in the NSW Native Animal Keepers' Species List
- your payment.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Find the species code.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in or create an account.
- Complete the online application form.
- Enter your payment details.
- Read and confirm the declaration.
If you don't wish to apply online, and the licence is for a Class 1 species, call us on 13 77 88.
Last updated: 10 December 2019