If you want to transport native animals into and out of NSW, you'll need to apply for a native animal import/export licence. You can apply for this licence online.
What you'll need
- your personal details
- your residential and postal address
- the species code as identified in the NSW Native Animal Keepers' Species List
- a NSW Government Licensing Service account
- your payment.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Find the species code.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Register or sign in to the NSW Government Licensing Service.
- Complete the online application form.
- Enter your payment details.
- Read and confirm the declaration.
- The interstate import and export of native animals is subject to monitoring and regulatory controls by the native animal protection agencies in all states and territories. Licences are granted under the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 in the following classes:
- Licence to export native animals out of NSW
- Licence to import native animals into NSW
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Office of Environment and Heritage.