This licence covers over 300 types of native animals listed on the NSW Native Animal Keepers' Species List as class 1 or basic:
- amphibian class A1
- bird class B1
- mammal class M1
- reptile class R1.
- You must be over 16 years of age
- Licences are granted under the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016.
What you need
- your concession card details (if applicable)
- the species code as identified in the NSW Native Animal Keepers' Species List
- your payment.
To make sure you have all the information and documents you need to complete your application, visit the Department of Planning and Environment.
How to apply
Before you can upgrade to an advanced class native animal keeper licence, you will need to:
- be over 18 years of age
- have at least 2 years' experience with a class 1 licensed species
- meet a higher level of assessment criteria.
You can pay online by credit or debit card (Mastercard or Visa).