If you want to hunt deer and other game animals on private property in NSW you'll need a NSW general game hunting licence (G-licence). You can apply for this licence online.


To be eligible for a NSW G-licence, you must:

  • be a fit and proper person to hold a licence.

To make sure that you have all the information you need to complete this transaction, please visit the Department of Primary Industries.

What you need

  • your personal and contact details
  • your residential/postal details
  • your Waterfowl Identification Test number (if hunting native game birds in NSW)
  • your minor's firearm permit (if under 18 years of age)
  • parental/guardian consent (if under 18 years of age)
  • your concession details (if applicable).

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Apply online' button.
  2. Complete the online form.
  3. Enter your payment details.
  4. Select 'Submit'.

More information

  • To hunt on private land you must have the permission of the private landowner in addition to a NSW G-licence. 
  • Having a NSW G-licence does not allow you to hunt on declared public hunting land.
  • If you're only hunting feral animals on private land, you don't need a NSW G-licence, you just need the permission of the landowner.
  • A condition of holding a game hunting licence is compliance with the regulations.
  • Licences can be from 1 to 5 years duration.
  • Concessions rates apply for minors (12 to 17 years) and eligible pensioners.
You'll be taken to another website.