Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.


A NSW restricted game hunting licence (R-licence) allows you to hunt game and feral animals on:

  • public land that has been declared and opened to hunting
  • private land, with the permission of the landholder.

You can apply for this licence online.


To be eligible for an R-licence you must:

  • be over 12 years of age
  • be a member of an Approved Hunting Organisation (AHO)
  • have completed the R-Licence accreditation course, and be accredited in one or more of the following R-licence categories:
    • firearms (rifles and shotguns)
    • firearms (blackpowder)
    • bows
    • dogs.

What you need

  • your personal and contact details
  • your residential/postal details
  • a copy of your R-licence accreditation form (provided by your facilitator)
  • evidence of your AHO membership
  • your Waterfowl Identification Test number (if hunting native game birds in NSW)
  • Parent/legal guardian consent form – PDF (if under 18 years of age)
  • proof of junior or senior concession (if applicable)
  • a current credit card for your payment.

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Apply online' button.
  2. Complete the online form.
  3. Upload your supporting documents.
  4. Enter your payment details.
  5. Select 'Submit'.

If you're not able to apply online:

  1. Download and complete NSW Restricted Game Hunting Licence - application/renewal form – PDF.
  2. Submit your application with payment by email, mail or fax, to the details on the form.

More information

You'll be taken to another website.