A NSW restricted game hunting licence (R-licence) allows you to hunt game and feral animals on:
- public land that has been declared and opened to hunting
- private land, with the permission of the landholder.
You can apply for this licence online.
To be eligible for an R-licence you must:
- be over 12 years of age
- be a member of an Approved Hunting Organisation (AHO)
- have completed the R-Licence accreditation course, and be accredited in one or more of the following R-licence categories:
- firearms (rifles and shotguns)
- firearms (blackpowder)
What you need
- your personal and contact details
- your residential/postal details
- a copy of your R-licence accreditation form (provided by your facilitator)
- evidence of your AHO membership
- your Waterfowl Identification Test number (if hunting native game birds in NSW)
- Parent/legal guardian consent form – PDF (if under 18 years of age)
- proof of junior or senior concession (if applicable)
- a current credit card for your payment.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Complete the online form.
- Upload your supporting documents.
- Enter your payment details.
- Select 'Submit'.
If you're not able to apply online:
- Download and complete NSW Restricted Game Hunting Licence - application/renewal form – PDF.
- Submit your application with payment by email, mail or fax, to the details on the form.