If your proposed residential development is located within certain local government areas, you can create an account on the NSW Planning Portal and submit your CDC application online.
In addition to submitting your application, the portal also allows you to:
- upload additional information if requested by the council/certifier
- track the progress of your application
- withdraw your application.
Check the eligibility requirements to see if your council is using the NSW Planning Portal, and if your proposed development can be fast-tracked.
What you'll need
- your nominated certifier
- architectural plans
- certificate of title
- site plan
- building specifications
- survey plan.
Note: During the application process you may be requested to upload further documents to support your application. Refer to the CDC document checklist – PDF for a comprehensive list of the documentation that may be required.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Create an account on, or log into, the NSW Planning Portal.
- Enter the required information.
- Upload the requested documentation.
- Review and confirm all the information you've provided.
- Complete the declarations.
- Submit your application.
Applications for complying development can be submitted for the following residential development – PDF types:
- new dwelling houses
- secondary dwellings (granny flats)
- attached development
- detached development
- alterations and additions to dwelling houses or secondary dwellings
The online CDC service is available in the following local government areas:
- Armidale Regional Council
- Bathurst Regional Council
- Camden Council
- City of Canterbury Bankstown
- Georges River Council
- Lake Macquarie City Council
- Liverpool City Council
- Penrith City Council
- Sutherland Shire Council.
Things to keep in mind...
- once you've submitted your application:
- you'll receive a system generated confirmation email
- your nominated certifier will receive a system generated email advising them that your application has been sent to them for consideration
- the certifier will conduct a pre-assessment review and advise if any additional or revised documents are required
- a fee quote will be issued for your review.
- once the certifier has accepted your application for assessment:
- your application will be lodged
- you'll receive a system generated email to advise you of this status change.
- files in the following formats are acceptable for uploading: