If you're applying for a Development Application (DA) for a proposed development, you'll need to create an account on the NSW Planning Portal and complete your application online.
Before beginning an application, you should contact your local council to discuss any local requirements.
What you need
- statement of environmental effects
- owner's consent
- cost estimate report.
During the application process you may be requested to upload further documents to support your application.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Create an account on, or log into, the NSW Planning Portal.
- Follow the prompts to complete your application.
Note: You may need to pay planning portal service fees during the application process which are different to the lodgement and assessment fees.
- you can monitor the status of your application by logging in to the planning portal
- PDF, Word, Excel, JPEG, PNG and ZIP files are all acceptable formats for uploading.