Text size


If you want to operate a business or undertake a commercial activity on reserved land, you'll need approval from the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment. Reserved land includes national parks, historic sites, state conservation areas, regional parks, nature reserves, and Aboriginal areas.

Examples of a business or commercial activity are:

  • operating accommodation facilities
  • operating a restaurant, kiosk or cafe
  • tour operations, or
  • filming and photography.

You can also view current business opportunities on the NSW Government eTendering website.

To learn more about running a business on reserved land, visit the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment website. 

Last updated: 28 June 2022
You'll be taken to another website.