Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


You may need to apply to your local council for approval to place commercial waste in a public place, in order for it to be collected by a waste contractor.

Commercial waste includes:

  • effluent from a sewer, sewage facility, sullage┬ápit or grease trap
  • trade waste from any building or demolition work, or industrial, chemical, trade or business process, and
  • garbage from wasted or spoiled food and other refuse.

Contact your local council to complete your application.

You'll be taken to another website.