Text size


The type of plant vehicle you have will determine if the vehicle requires full or conditional registration:

  • full registration is required for plant vehicles built on a truck chassis with machinery permanently attached 
  • conditional or full registration may be required for plant vehicles that are not built on a truck chassis.

You can apply for plant vehicle registration at a service centre. Please check the conditional vehicle list prior to visiting the service centre, or call 13 77 88.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • your business details (if vehicle registered under business)
  • the vehicle's registration details
  • your concession card details (if applicable)
  • one of the following PDF forms:
    • 'Application for Registration', or
    • 'Application for Conditional Registration'.

How to apply

  1. Download and complete either:
  2. Make sure you have the required documentation.
  3. Visit a service centre and submit your application.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 10 June 2020