The Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate helps eligible NSW residents cover the costs of fertility testing.
The rebate is for out-of-pocket costs incurred from 1 October 2019 for one or more of the following:
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) test
- pelvic ultrasound
- ovulation test
- semen analysis.
You will have been referred by either a general practitioner or a specialist to have the tests done. If you had out-of-pocket costs for the test(s), when you visit the specialist to discuss the test results, they will complete the ‘Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate’ form with you. This form, and one receipt for fertility testing that includes an out-of-pocket cost, needs to be uploaded when you apply for the rebate.
The Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate is a one-time payment of $500, available until 30 June 2023.
Note: If you don't have the required documentation to complete the proof of identity process, please contact us on 13 77 88.
Your specialist will complete the ‘Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate’ form with you and answer any questions you have about your eligibility. Your general practitioner can't complete the form.
In addition, you must:
- be a NSW resident
- have paid for pre-IVF fertility test(s) done from 1 October 2019 and incurred an out-of-pocket cost.
Note: The tests may be related to the man’s or woman’s fertility, but only women can submit an application for the rebate. If putting in a claim for the man’s fertility test, you will need their consent documented on the ‘Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate’ form.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- the ‘Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate’ form completed by your specialist
- a receipt for completed eligible fertility testing showing out-of-pocket costs
- your proof of identity documentation
- your bank account details for the electronic funds transfer.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to apply for the rebate.
- Once your eligibility has been confirmed, you’ll receive the rebate as a lump sum payment of $500 deposited into your nominated bank account. Payments to your bank account may take up to 28 days.
- The rebate can only be claimed for out-of-pocket costs after claims from Medicare have been made.
- When you submit your application, Service NSW electronically captures your health data, including which specialist you are seeing and that you have had fertility testing. In order to validate your application prior to processing the payment, Service NSW employees will have access to your uploaded ‘Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate’ and receipt.