The Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate helps eligible NSW residents cover the costs of fertility testing.
If you have incurred out-of-pocket costs for eligible fertility tests after 1 October 2019, you can apply for the one-time $500 rebate.
The rebate is available until 30 June 2023.
You can only apply for the rebate once.
Before you apply
Ask your fertility specialist to:
- confirm your eligibility for the rebate. They can do this by reviewing the:
- complete the Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate form – PDF with you.
The following specialists can confirm your eligibility for the rebate:
- Obstetrician and Gynaecologists
- Obstetric and Gynaecological Ultrasound
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
To apply you must:
- be a NSW resident
- be a woman (eligible fertility tests may be for a man or a woman, but only women can submit an application for the rebate)
- have been referred for eligible fertility tests by a general practitioner or a specialist
- have a receipt for an out-of-pocket cost for one of the following pre-IVF fertility tests after 1 October 2019:
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) test
- pelvic ultrasound
- ovulation test
- semen analysis.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- your Medicare Card as proof of identity
- the name of your fertility specialist
- the Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate form – PDF completed by your specialist (not your GP). If you’re claiming for a man’s or male donor’s fertility test, they must also sign the form
- one receipt showing out-of-pocket costs for eligible fertility testing (only one receipt and this can be for less than $500)
- your bank account details for the electronic funds transfer.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to apply for the rebate.
- Once your application has been successfully reviewed and approved, you’ll receive $500 in your nominated bank account within 5-10 days.
- The rebate can only be claimed for out-of-pocket costs after claims from Medicare have been made.
- If your specialist is located outside NSW they may not appear on the specialist list. To add them to the list, send your specialist’s name, location of practice and Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA) registration number to email@example.com.
- Service NSW stores the health data you provide, including which specialist you’re seeing and that you’ve had a fertility test. To validate your application, Service NSW employees will review your uploaded ‘Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate’ and receipt.