The Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate helps eligible NSW residents cover the costs of fertility testing.
If you have incurred out-of-pocket costs for eligible fertility tests after 1 October 2019, you can apply for the one-time $500 rebate.
Before you apply, ask your fertility specialist to:
- refer to the Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate checklist – PDF to confirm that you are eligible for the rebate
- complete the Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate form – PDF with you.
The rebate is available until 30 June 2023.
You can only apply for the rebate once.
To apply you must:
- be a NSW resident
- be a woman (eligible fertility tests may be for a man or a woman, but only women can submit an application for the rebate)
- have been referred for eligible fertility tests by a general practitioner or a specialist
- have a receipt for an out-of-pocket cost for one of the following pre-IVF fertility tests after 1 October 2019:
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) test
- pelvic ultrasound
- ovulation test
- semen analysis.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- your Medicare Card as proof of identity
- the name of your fertility specialist
- the Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate form – PDF completed by your specialist (not your GP). If you’re claiming for a man’s or male donor’s fertility test, they must also sign the form
- one receipt showing out-of-pocket costs for eligible fertility testing (only one receipt and this can be for less than $500)
- your bank account details for the electronic funds transfer.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to apply for the rebate.
- Once your application has been successfully reviewed and approved, you’ll receive $500 in your nominated bank account within 5-10 days.
- The rebate can only be claimed for out-of-pocket costs after claims from Medicare have been made.
- If your specialist is located outside NSW they may not appear on the specialist list. You can ask to add your specialist to the list.
- Service NSW stores the health data you provide, including which specialist you’re seeing and that you’ve had a fertility test. To validate your application, Service NSW employees will review your uploaded ‘Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate’ and receipt.