IPTAAS may be able to give you financial assistance with your travel and accommodation expenses if you need to travel long distances for specialist medical treatment.
To apply for IPTAAS, you can register online to set up an account.
To be eligible for IPTAAS you must:
- be a resident of NSW or Lord Howe Island and be eligible for Medicare
- live more than 100km from the nearest treating specialist (you may also be eligible if cumulative journeys to your treating specialist exceed 200km within a week)
- require specialist treatment that is not available locally
- not be receiving or eligible for, financial assistance for travel and accommodation from third party insurance or other Australian government services.
What you need
You'll need an email address to set up an account online.
If you do not have an email address, you can complete an application form and submit it in person or by mail.
Contact 1800 IPTAAS (1800 478 227) if you need help with this.
How to apply
- Check you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Register online' button.
- Enter your email address and create password. Note: To complete the registration process, you'll receive an email with a link to confirm your account.
- Log in to your account to lodge an application.