The Pre-IVF Rebate helps eligible NSW residents cover the costs of fertility testing.
The rebate is for costs incurred after 30 September 2019 for one or more of the following:
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) test
- pelvic ultrasound
- ovulation test
- semen analysis
- specialist consultation fees.
You will have been referred by a specialist to have the tests done. When you visit the specialist to discuss the test results, they will give you a completed ‘Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate’ form. This form, and one receipt for fertility testing, must be uploaded when you apply for the rebate.
The Pre-IVF Rebate is a one-time payment of $500, available until 30 June 2023.
Note: If you do not have a Medicare card you cannot apply online. Instead, email MOH-Affordable@health.nsw.gov.au for help with applying for the rebate.
Your specialist will complete the ‘Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate’ form and answer any questions you have about your eligibility.
In addition, you must:
- be a NSW resident
- have paid for pre-IVF medical tests done after 30 September 2019.
Note: The tests may be related to the man’s or woman’s fertility, but only women can submit an application for the rebate.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- the ‘Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate’ form completed by your specialist
- a receipt for completed eligible fertility testing
- your Medicare number
- your bank account details for the electronic funds transfer.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to apply for the rebate.
- You’ll receive the rebate as a lump sum payment of $500 deposited into your nominated bank account within 5 business days of submitting your application.
- The rebate cannot be claimed for costs covered by Medicare.
- When you submit your application, Service NSW electronically captures your health data, including which specialist you are seeing and that you have had fertility testing. Service NSW employees do not have access to view your eligibility form or the receipt you uploaded as part of the application process.