Text size


If you're a liquor licensee and want to re-commence trading after a break of 6 weeks or more, you'll need to lodge a Re-commence Trading application via the liquor licence manager. Alternatively, you can visit a service centre.


  • Any person or organisation holding a current NSW Liquor Licence.

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Liquor and Gaming NSW.

What you need

  • the date of when the premises is intending to recommence trade
  • a MyServiceNSW Account.

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Apply online' button
  2. Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
  3. Select 'view licences'.
  4. Select 'view details' on the licence you want to amend.
  5. Select 'modify licence'.
  6. Select 'apply to re-commence trade'.
  7. Follow the prompts to complete the application.
  8. Attach any supporting documents to the application.
  9. Submit your application with payment.
Last updated: 25 February 2021