An approved hunting organisation (AHO) is a hunting club or organisation that has applied for and received 'approved' status from the Department of Primary Industries, for the purpose of qualifying its members for a NSW Restricted Game Hunting Licence (R-licence).
If you'd like to apply for registration as an AHO, you can do this by email, fax or post.
Hunting organisations seeking to become AHOs must:
- comply with relevant NSW legislation
- have a hunting code of conduct or practice such as the Hunters' Code of Practice that is legislated in the Game and Feral Animal Control Regulation 2012
- have disciplinary provisions that allow them to take action against any member found to have breached the Hunters' Code of Practice or relevant legislation in NSW.
What you need
- your organisation's details
- name, position and contact details of two organisation members who'll be contact officers for the organisation
- a copy of your club or organisation's constitution
- the PDF form – 'Application to register as an Approved Hunting Organisation (AHO)'.
How to apply
- Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
- Print and complete the form.
- Attach your supporting documents.
- Submit your application by email (preferred), mail or fax to the details on the form.