If you ride your push bike to a public transport hub/interchange, and then catch the train, bus or ferry, you can rent a bike locker to protect your bike and bike equipment from bad weather, theft and vandalism. There are over 950 bike lockers across the public transport network and you can apply to rent one, online.
What you need
- your name and contact details
- a user name and suitable password
- your credit card.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Complete the User registration form, or select the Sign in tab.
- Select your bike locker location.
- Select your rental period (3, 6, 9 or 12 months).
- Agree to the rental conditions.
- Make your key deposit and rental payment.
- Your locker key will be posted to you.
- If you no longer require the locker, your key deposit will be refunded when you return the key to Transport for NSW (TfNSW).
- Only store your bike and bike equipment in the locker, and keep it clean and clear of rubbish.
- TfNSW can open your locker to inspect and maintain it at any time.
- Always keep your locker locked, and ensure it locks securely. TfNSW is not liable for any loss or damage to property stored in the locker, so report any locking mechanism faults to TfNSW immediately.
- Don't let anyone else use your locker without written permission from TfNSW.
- You can renew your rental for a further 3, 6, 9, or 12 months as often as you like, by signing in with your user name and password.
- If you lose your key, email Bike Locker Administration and TfNSW will open your locker for you as soon as possible. You'll have to pay a fee for the replacement key.