Text size


A security Master licence authorises the holder to provide a specific number of people to carry out security activities.

If you need to supply more security operators than you're licensed for, you can apply for a Temporary Excess Provision of Services (TEPS) permit for a specified time period.

If you'd like to apply for a TEPS permit, you can do this online.


You must hold a current Master licence.

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Security Licence at the NSW Police Force website.

What you need

  • your licence number
  • permit start and end dates.

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Apply online' button.
  2. Log in or create an account.
  3. Enter your licence number.
  4. Confirm the correct licensee name has been populated.
  5. Complete the online form.
  6. Print the confirmation notice and keep with your records.

More information

You need to submit your application at least 24 hours before providing additional security people.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 10 December 2019
You'll be taken to another website.