If your registered grape harvester is over-size (over 2.5 metres wide), you may need to apply for a permit to travel on NSW roads.

You’ll need a permit if you cannot comply with the conditions set out in the latest gazette notice.

You can apply online, by post or fax. 

What you need

  • your personal and contact details
  • your vehicle registration details
  • your vehicle dimensions, loaded axle mass and spacings
  • your route details
  • the permit application fee
  • the PDF form – 'Agricultural vehicle permit application' (not needed if applying online).

How to apply

  1. Gather your supporting information and documents.
  2. Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
  3. Follow the prompts to apply for a permit. 

If you’re unable to apply online, complete the Agricultural vehicle permit application form – PDF and send it by post or fax to the details on the form.

Note: The NHVR will communicate with you by the same method you use to apply.

More information

Last updated: 27 May 2024

Rate the information on the page