COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. For assistance visit COVID-19.

Text size

General mass and dimension limits apply to all heavy vehicles. If your tow truck doesn't comply with these prescribed mass or dimension requirements, you'll need to apply for an access permit through the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR).

The NHVR permit applies to travel throughout Australia, with the exception of Western Australia and the Northern Territory, where you'll need to apply directly to the relevant state or territory road transport authority

For the most up-to-date information on how to apply for a tow truck vehicle access permit, visit the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator website. 

You'll be taken to another website.