If you'd like to promote your business by running a free-entry competition such as a sweep, giveaway or contest, and the total prize value for the promotion exceeds $10,000, you'll need a trade promotion gaming authority.
You can apply and pay for this authority online.
The gaming activity must:
- have free entry
- be a competition based on chance not skill
- must genuinely promote the goods or services of your business
- must take place on the date nominated.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW Fair Trading.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Read the information provided.
- Check reCAPTCHA and select 'Start Application'.
- Complete the online form.
- Read and confirm the declaration.
- Pay a fee using your payment details.