If you're an apprentice or trainee registered with Training Services NSW and in an active apprenticeship or traineeship, you're entitled to concession rates when travelling on public transport in NSW.
You can apply online for a transport concession entitlement card, and together with a concession Opal card, you'll pay reduced fares on trains, buses, most ferries, and light rail.
What you'll need
- your personal details
- your training contract ID (TCID) number.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Select the entitlement type.
- Enter your TCID number.
- Complete the online application.
- Apprentices and trainees registered with the State Training Services.
Things to keep in mind...
Your transport concession entitlement card is free and:
- valid for up to 15 months as long you’re still eligible. You need to apply to renew it by 31 March every year.
- is proof of your entitlement, and you need to carry it with you whenever you're travelling
- also entitles you to concession fares on regular local bus services outside the Opal network – check with your Local Transport Operators to find out if you're entitled to concession fares on privately-operated local bus services
- together with your concession Opal card entitles you to a concession Sydney Airport station access fee
- does not entitle you to concession fares on fast ferries between Manly and Circular Quay, event shuttle buses, charter bus services, Great Southern Rail services or NSW TrainLink Regional services.