If you need to register your vessel, check the Roads and Maritime Services website for the list of vessels that must be registered, as well as for criteria and exemptions. You must be at least 16 years old to register a vessel. Once you've gathered your documentation, you can either mail in your application, or book an appointment to complete the registration in person at a service centre.

Once you have your registration, you can access it digitally using your smartphone or tablet device. You'll need to have a MyServiceNSW Account and the latest version of the Service NSW app. You can then add Maritime to your MyServiceNSW Account.

Note: Some discounts are available for pensioners.


To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Roads and Maritime Services

You may be eligible for a 50% discount on the registration fee if you:

  • hold one of the following:
    • NSW Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
    • DVA Gold card endorsed with: 
      • TPI (Totally & Permanently Incapacitated)
      • EDA (Extreme Disablement Adjustment)
      • war widow/er.
  • have evidence from the DVA confirming:
    • you receive a disability pension of 70% or higher or an intermediate pension, or
    • you've been assessed at 50 or more impairment points.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • the Application for Vessel Registration form
  • the Credit Card Authority form (if applicable)
  • the proof of acquisition
  • the HIN (Boat Code) certificate (if you require one you need to organise an inspection with a Boat Code Agent), and
  • the Australian Builders Plate (ABP) if the vessel was built on or after 1 July 2006.

How to apply

  1. Download, print and complete the Application for Vessel Registration – PDF
  2. Download, print and complete the Credit Card Authority (Roads and Maritime Services) - PDF (if applicable).
  3. Make sure that you have all the required documentation and information.
  4. Book an appointment to lodge your application in person at a service centre, or post to:

Agency Business Centre
Roads and Maritime Services
PO Box 21
Parkes NSW 2870

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.