The Heavy Vehicle Inspection Scheme (HVIS) is an annual roadworthiness inspection scheme. Most heavy vehicles need this annual HVIS inspection.
Your renewal notice will let you know what inspection(s) are required. The renewal notice will also give a date by which the inspection(s) must be completed to avoid having your registration suspended or cancelled.
You can book your HVIS inspection online up to 12 months in advance.
Note: Bus drivers are required to have their passenger compartment areas cleaned and sanitised prior to the HVIS inspection.
- Usually an inspection is carried out as part of the registration renewal process. If this is the case, you will have received a renewal notification with a date your registration renewal must be completed by.
- The vehicle inspection can take place up to 3 months prior to the nominated renewal date. The results of an inspection are valid for 3 months only, so it's a good idea to factor this in when choosing a date for your heavy vehicle inspection.
- Bookings must be made at least 24 hours prior to inspection.
What you need
- your Online Services customer number
- your vehicle registration
- a date and time for your inspection.
How to book
- Select the 'Book online' button.
- Select the 'New booking' tab.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter the required details to complete your booking.