Most heavy vehicles need an annual inspection. Your renewal notice will let you know what inspection(s) are required. The renewal notice will also give a date by which the inspection(s) must be completed to avoid having your registration suspended or cancelled.
You can book your vehicle inspection online up to 12 months in advance.
- Usually an inspection is carried out as part of the registration renewal process. If this is the case, you will have received a renewal notification nominating a date your registration renewal must be completed by.
- The vehicle inspection can take place up to 3 months prior to the nominated renewal date. The results of an inspection are valid for 3 months only, so it's a good idea to factor this in when nominating a date for your heavy vehicle inspection.
- Bookings must be made at least 24 hours prior to inspection.
What you need
- your Online Services customer number
- your vehicle registration
- a date and time.
How to book
- Select the 'Book online' button.
- Select the 'New booking' tab.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter your surname or business name.
- Provide your Online Services customer number.
- Provide a contact name.
- Provide a contact number.