Most heavy vehicles need an annual inspection. Your renewal notice will let you know what inspection(s) are required. The renewal notice will also give a date by which the inspection(s) must be completed to avoid having your registration suspended or cancelled.
You can book your vehicle inspection online up to 12 months in advance.
What you'll need
- your Online Services customer number
- your vehicle registration
- a date and time.
How to book
- Select the 'Book online' button.
- Select the 'New booking' tab.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter your surname or business name.
- Provide your Online Services customer number.
- Provide a contact name.
- Provide a contact number.
- Usually an inspection is carried out as part of the registration renewal process. If this is the case, you will have received a renewal notification nominating a date your registration renewal must be completed by.
- The vehicle inspection can take place up to 3 months prior to the nominated renewal date. The results of an inspection are valid for 3 months only, so it's a good idea to factor this in when nominating a date for your heavy vehicle inspection.
- Bookings must be made at least 24 hours prior to inspection.