Remote live captioning is available at all service centres, free of charge. Remote live captioning can help if you have difficulty hearing, or you're speaking English as an additional language,
With remote live captioning, you speak to a service centre staff member and a transcriber types the staff member’s reply for you to read. This way you can follow along as the words are spoken.
If you'd like to use the service you can book an appointment online and avoid having to wait for a transcriber.
Note: Video remote interpreting is also available if you communicate in Auslan or another sign language.
How to book
- Select the ‘Book an appointment’ button.
- Choose your service centre.
- Schedule your appointment – it's recommended to book before 11am or after 2pm.
- Enter the required details.
- Attend your appointment at the service centre.
- Live captioning can also help those who have Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or learning difficulties.