If you have difficulty hearing, or you're speaking English as an additional language, remote live captioning is available at all service centres, free of charge.
You speak to a service centre staff member and a transcriber types the staff member’s reply for you to read, so you can follow along as the words are spoken.
If you'd like to use the service you can book an appointment online and avoid having to wait for a transcriber.
Note: Video remote interpreting is also available if you communicate in Auslan or another sign language.
What you'll need
- your driver licence or Photo Card
- documentation that's relevant to the transaction you're wanting to do.
How to book
- Select the ‘Book an appointment’ button.
- Choose your service centre.
- Schedule your appointment – it's recommended to book before 11am or after 2pm.
- Enter the required details.
- Attend your appointment at the service centre.
Things to keep in mind...
- Live captioning can also help those who have Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or learning difficulties.