If you've changed your name, you'll need to visit a Service NSW centre within 14 days to record your new name on your licence, vehicle and vessel details.
What you need
- your proof of identity
- your original change of name document, for example one of the following:
- marriage certificate
- change of name certificate
- birth certificate showing your name at birth and your new name
- divorce document showing the name you're changing back to
- your licence card and registration papers (if applicable)
- Replacement Application – PDF if you need a replacement product such as a driver licence card, or
- Change of Records – PDF if you do not need a replacement product.
Note: Original paper documents that have been laminated are not accepted as proof of identity.
How to change
Gather all your required documents.
Visit a service centre and submit your application.
Last updated: 22 December 2022