If you want to add classes or change the approvals on your blasting explosive user licence, you’ll need to lodge an amendment form. There is no fee associated with this request.

What you need

  • your personal and contact details
  • your blasting explosive user licence (BEUL)
  • the original letter of recommendation from Department of Planning and Environment – previously Department of Industry (mining class)
  • a certified document stating that you’ve successfully completed the relevant course, and/or a reference from a licence holder endorsing your experience in the nominated classes (civil classes)
  • details of the explosives or security sensitive dangerous substances (SSDS) and the storage facility (if applicable)
  • a security plan and map indicating the storage location of the explosives (if applicable)
  • the PDF form – ‘Amendment to a blasting explosive user licence – Application’.

How to change

  1. Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
  2. Complete, print and sign the form.
  3. Gather the required documents.
  4. Submit the completed form by email (preferred) or post to the details on the form.
Last updated: 17 April 2023