NSW Fair Trading must be notified within 28 days if:
- the authority holder’s name or address has changed
- the charitable purpose for which the appeal is being or is to be conducted has changed
- the authority holder’s ACNC registration has been revoked or an ACNC responsible entity has been suspended or removed
- you become aware that information or a document provided in an annual return was misleading or deceptive in a material particular
- the authority holder becomes insolvent, is placed in liquidation or under external administration or is wound up
- a member of the governing body of the authority holder, is convicted of an offence involving fraud or dishonesty for which the maximum penalty on conviction is imprisonment for not less than 3 months
- the incorporation status of the authority holder changes
- a branch of the authority holder (that is not an authority holder in their own right) ceases to be under the responsibility of, and the direction and control of, the governing body of the authority holder
- a branch of the authority holder ceases to operate
- the name, address or telephone number of the authority holder’s auditor changes
- the authority holder decides to cease conducting a fundraising appeal
- the particulars of a trader jointly conducting a fundraising appeal with the authority holder are changed
- the authority holder engages a new trader in relation to a fundraising appeal
- a material error is identified in an annual financial statement accompanying an annual return lodged by the authority holder.
All holders of an authority to fundraise.
What you need
- details of the:
- authority holder
- primary contact
- auditor, trader or contact person if being updated
- your charitable fundraising authority number (CFN) which must match the number registered on the portal.
How to change
- Select the 'Change online' button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to change your details on a charitable fundraising authority.
If you're unable to change online:
- Download Charitable fundraising authority – change of details – PDF.
- Complete the form.
- Sign the declaration.
- Attach your supporting documentation.
- Email your information to the details on the form.
To change your details with NSW Fair Trading, you'll need to create or log in with a MyServiceNSW Account.
By logging in you consent to sharing your name and email address in your MyServiceNSW Account with Fair Trading NSW, a division of the Department of Customer Service.
The NSW Fair Trading privacy statement explains how your personal information will be handled once it is shared by Service NSW.